- Please make no mistake, Google Shopping is still primarily a paid PPC channel, but you can also enjoy its free traffic
- Video and display formats are not the type of ad you think of when it acquisition
- They are more popular for brand awareness and influence targets
- All conversions are not born equal, especially regarding acquisition channels – a purchase on your site from a new customer has more value than one from a returning one.
- It’s easy to forget that most businesses still happen offline and that Zoom calls and are not all there is to life.
- Yet offline conversion trackings are not always taken into account
- With Gallery Ads, Network
- As these ad formats are for mobile displays only, their dimensions enable advertisers to make a more substantial impact than with a text ad
Google released newand ways to buy ads on its different channels. They allow marketers to increase their reach and try new approaches. As always, with the novelty, there will be a learning curve. At SEISO, the reference PPC insight platform, we analyzed the impact of these updates on more than 13,000 accounts. Here is how you can make them for you.
1. Get listed for free on Google Shopping
Please make no mistake, Google Shopping is still primarily a paid PPC channel, but you can enjoy its free traffic. Why is there a free option? After introducing the shopping channel, Google ousted most other price comparison websites from its SERP (Shopping.com, Shopzilla, BizRate, and others). The move was so aggressive that in 2017, the European Commission finedchanges to ensure other options are present on its services and SERP than its own. As for optimization, you must provide your products appear in the first positions.
How to make it work for you
First, you need to start optimizing your Shopping Ads and understand what products click and convert the most. For example, you can use SEISO Google Shopping Analyzer (Free to try) to get shopping reports. From there, you can adapt your product feed and product pages to ensure you focus on margin-positive products. Once trimming the feed and pages, you can go to youraccount in the Growth Menu. There you will find a channel called “Surfaces across Google”. You want to set it to “ACTIVE”. This feature was initially available only in the USA and India but is being rolled out worldwide.
2. Get impressions on display and YouTube ads but only pay for sales
Video and display formats are not the type of ad you think of for online acquisition. They are more popular for brand awareness and influence targets. But now Google wants to convince you otherwise. Why? Google has so much data on users’ profiles and intents that they can predict what they will buy. Facebook has built its platform on what they know about the. Google knows the users very well: from the search queries, the media they consume on its surfaces (videos and AMP pages), and their past purchases, thanks to receipts received in Gmail.
Thanks to this treasure trove of data points, the algorithm identifies which new Display network. It usually means a lower reach than a CPM or a Trueview campaign, but you will get incremental conversions while controlling your budget. But remember, this is a . The algorithm will decide whether to display your ad based on how much money it will generate for Google. If your products find an audience, this is a virtuous cycle, and you will get a lot of volume. If not, your campaign might not pick up at all.console the user wants. And it only shows him the relevant ads when he is ready to buy. The ad will be more likely to convert, and Google will get a higher revenue per page by only showing converting ads to users: win/win. Now you can run performance-based targeting for YouTube Ads and on the
How to make it work for you
- Use with a CPA or Troas bidding strategy. This allows you to retain the benefits of the Smart Display framework without .
- Based on 13,000+ Google Ads accounts audited by SEISO, the best targets are “Similar converters” & “Custom Intent on your competitors.”
You can use the audience analysis section of SEISO to identify which audience is the most relevant for you. And you can try it for free.
3. Customer acquisition is good, but NEW customer acquisition is better
All conversions are not born equal. Regarding acquisition channels, a purchase on your site from a new customer has more value than one from a returning one. Of course, loyalty is critical, and you need to take care of existing customers. Butmarketing is neither the main nor the most money-efficient channel to do so. Whether through email marketing or earned , CRM is more efficient for re-engaging your customers. The symbiosis between acquisition and loyalty is the best way to maximize your customer’s lifetime value. Once you you can expect from a user in the long term, you can adapt the amount you are willing to pay for a new customer vs. an old one.
In Google Shopping, you can now take the lifetime value into account. Go to the conversion goals by clicking “Settings” in the left navigation of your Smart Shopping campaign. Use the “New Customer Acquisition” option. There, indicate the total price you will pay per conversion for this type of customer versus a returning one. The campaign will pay up to $80 for new customers and $42 for existing ones. For example, your CPA for a conversion is $42, and youvalue to $38.
How to make it work for you
Make sure you are tracking your new customers, there are two ways to do so, and you should use both:
- Make sure your account are connected. This way, the algorithm knows all sales made on your website, even if they came from another channel.
- Set differentiated tags for new and old customers and let your ecommerce platform or tag manager know. You need to show one or the other identification depending on the status of the customer.
Focus on your product selection to boost your best-recruiting products. The ones usually trigger the first sale on your website for new customers. As a rule, you should align this with your promotion strategy.
4. Get offline! How to keep track of offline conversions
Nowadays, it is easy to forget that most businesses still happen offline and that Zoom calls and online shopping are not all there is to life. Yet offline conversion tracking is not always taken into account. According to Google, 30 percent of , the fastest-growing segment. And 75 percent of users doing a local search will go to a store within 24 hours. This is a lot of conversions lost to online tracking. The new version of the Google Ads’ local campaigns is here just for that. Local campaigns use GPS and Wifi to . Google will display ads related to business advertising presence around the user’s current location.
How to make it work for you
To succeed from there, you can measure different conversion types. You must set up omnichannel tracking that integrates offline elements. You should create a set of conversion actions for each campaign:
- In-store visits: Google automatically and OS). You must register all your points of sales addresses or GPS coordinates.
- Offline purchase thanks to offline the Conversions API or bulk sheets upload.
- Online purchase through your regular tracking pixel.
Once your conversions show in the interface, you will optimize against each of these goals. Moving further, you can optimize the new full potential of each campaign against each target! To do so, you try the SEISO campaign optimization tool for free.
5. Be creative! Push gallery ads over all networks
Gallery Ads and Showcase importance on visual information than text information. Visual communication is preferred over text by at least 50% of respondents in all categories except electronics, household goods, and wine and spirits (Intent Lab research, Feb 2019). With Gallery Ads, a new ad format integrated into the Search Network. These ad formats are for mobile displays only. Their dimensions enable advertisers to make a more substantial impact than text ads. to serve the same user with your creatives on new placements such as:! 8Eighty-five percent of respondents put more
- YouTube: On the “Home” screens, more than 90% of users say they discover new brands & new products.
- Discovery: Google Discovery by interest.
- Gmail: Through discovery, even though Gmail Ads are being rolled out, Discovery ads allow you to expand your reach from Gmail to other Google-owned surfaces.
And, of course, they are shown in the main result pages as Showcase Shopping Ads. Google is constantly bringing in new expert tips and best practices, account activity analysis, and more than 75 criteria sifted. Are your Google Ads Campaigns optimized? Try SEO for free TODAY. Click on this link: www.seiso.io/en.. Trying early is the key to having a State of the Art Google Ads account. Once the features reach mass adoption, you are fully optimized and have secured the best positions. There is much more to discover in the SEISO analysis report, including